Site Meter

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

You Light Up My Life.....in the Wrong Spot

Yippee! The drywall and texturing are complete. I must admit it is looking good. At least until I walked into the dining room. The placement of the electrical box for the light fixture is completely wrong. On the blueprint, it shows the light fixture centered with the window. It isn't centered in the window or the room. It is about two feet closer to the wall that will host our ginormous china cabinet.

As a matter of fact, if the table were to be centered under the current light fixture location, guests would only be able to sit on one side of the table. That is unless our guests would like to sit IN the china cabinet.

Randy left a voicemail for Bob the Builder. When Bob called back, he stated that the electrician had notes indicating that Randy and I picked the location for the fixture in that spot. NO FREAKING WAY unless we were drunk. I reminded him that we had a 15 minute discussion on the placement of the electrical outlet for the lighted behemoth china cabinet. Why the heck would we put our table that close to the china cabinet?

Upon further review, the electrician admits he may have made a mistake. Um, yeah. The electrician will be returning to relocate the fixture. I feel much, much better.

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Het said...

oh good - I'm so glad they are coming to fix it! I was going to say that my BIL's builder made a similar mistake and they ended up having to hang the light a foot over and loop it over. Nice. I can't wait to see new pics of the place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home