Site Meter

Thursday, October 05, 2006

What's For Launch?

Last Sunday, the family and I visited a local farm to gather a pumpkin or two. And by local, I mean about 30 miles away. It was our first ever visit to this particular farm and they go all out for their fall festival. One of the activities was launching vegetables into a field. It's really quite the innovative moneymaker. People pay good money for the opportunity to put small vegetables in a slingshot and see how far they will travel before gravity summons them to the earth.

I have to admit it was a heck of a lot of fun.
Holly chose a small ear of Indian corn. It was gathering a quick reputation as quite the traveler.


Randy was up next. He chose some sort of small gourd. If you look closely, you can see it way in the distance.


I honestly don't remember my vegetable of choice but I was pleased with the result.


Of course, none of us could hold a candle to the farm owners and their fancy pumpkin launcher.

This puppy had pumpkins grazing the upper atmosphere. I wonder if they'd let me try it. Maybe next weekend.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Het said...

Nice, a trebuchet and a pumpkin launcher...

looks like fun!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

OMG my kids would love that! Where is it? I see a road trip in our future. :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Veronica Burchard said...

That is hysterical! Does David Letterman know about it??!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home