Site Meter

Friday, September 29, 2006

Ponderings From My Commute

Today, like every other weekday, I drive in to work. While the scenery rarely changes, occasionally I notice something that provokes a reaction. This morning's reaction comes from the billboard for "Secrets Adult Store". For those of you familiar with Denver, it's at the corner of Iliff and Quebec. Below the name of the establishment on the billboard is the quote "it's cheaper than dating". My ponderances:
1. Why is this a quote? Was it something a customer once said that they felt needed to relayed to the world (or at least visitors to southeast Denver)?
2. What exactly is "cheaping than dating"? Is it the DVD's or the blow-up doll?
3. How exactly does one compare dinner out with a companion to a night alone with your paraphenalia?

I've never been to Secrets but the whole idea of using this as a marketing campaign is just plain weird.

1 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

That reminds me of the Bed and Breakfast on Colfax Ave. Every time I drive past it I can't help but wonder what the out-of-towners are thinking as they approach their quaint destination. "Look honey we can get a tattoo or body piercing!" or "Let's play a game I bet I can find more homeless people then you can find liquor stores."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home