Site Meter

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Not Exactly a Heartwarming Story

Randy volunteered at Holly's class yesterday for their annual Valentines Day Party. I signed him up for an activity that involved construction paper, clear vinyl sheets, yarn and candy hearts. I selected this craft because it was one of the few that didn't involve a glue gun. Given that Randy nor I are very craft-handy, I felt it would be advantageous to keep him away from hot glue.

The event and the craft were huge successes. Randy said his table became known as "the sewing table". While it may not have been very manly, he did just fine and the kids loved it.

While Randy was there, one of the teachers relayed the following Holly story:

Right before the winter break, Holly's class went to a local nursing home to sing holiday songs for the residents. The teachers had the kids create a bunch of cards to be distributed after their performance. The teachers went through the cards to check what the kids had drawn or written. On one of Holly's cards it said "I hope you had a nice life."

While I'm sure her heart was in the right place, the card was filtered out of the group taken to the nursing home.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Veronica Burchard said...

ROTFL! I love that little girl of yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home