Site Meter

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Self-Imposed Sabbatical

As if you hadn't noticed, I've been ignoring my blog. What has happened during my hiatus:
1. We are all moved in.
2. We suffered through seven snow storms in seven weeks
3. Christmas
4. The start of 2007
5. The Gators won the National Championship in football
6. My daughter's sixth birthday
7. My daughter's sixth birthday party

It's been a busy three and one half months.

The move was a monumental task. Luckily, the moving trucks were done three days before the first of the aforementioned snow storms hit. It gave us a lot of dedicated time to unpack and try the furniture in various locations around the room.

I love the new house but it is lacking several things that demand time and money. These items include window coverings, miscellaneous furniture and landscaping. Our current landscaping consists of snow and mud. It is not a pretty sight.

It is all about priorities right now. The first one being the blinds. I'm not much of a exhibitionist for all the voyeurs out there. It has been so long since I ordered window blinds that I had forgotten how pricey they are. I ordered the critical ones a couple of weeks ago. They are hung and look fabulous. It is an interesting task to try and hang motorized blinds using instructions written by a person who has no knowledge of English. I'll have to scan and post the instructions. They are quite comical.

There's so much more to post but I'll save that material for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home