Site Meter

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Headphones for Stereotypes

I really am the stereotypical WOHM. Today was Holly's Kindergarten Culmination. I noticed a sign-up sheet outside the door to bring snacks for the after-party. Being in a constant state of rushed frenzy lately (Did I mention that I just returned from vacation?) I stopped and picked up pastries on my way to the school. Upon my arrival in the classroom, I immediately noticed the aquatic theme of the party. Everyone knew that was the theme of the culmination, right?

The crafty SAHM moms had the most creative treats ever. Don't get me wrong. I love each and every other parent in the class. They are an amazing group of men and women. We are extremely lucky to have such talented class moms. Among the creations:
1. Pretzel-stick fishing poles with red licorice fishing line
2. A giant clamshell bowl with blue jello and swedish fish
3. Baked-from-scratch sugar cookies cut into fish shapes topped with very tropical frosting
4. Cupcakes with fish fins crafted from gummies of some sort
5. Sushi

And then there were my cookies from Einsteins Bagels. They were huge so I cut them into quarters. I proclaimed them to be shaped like fan coral. In an attempt to make me feel better, someone commented "but they really taste good".

Overall, the culmination was a huge success. I guess this means my daughter has officially graduated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home