Site Meter

Monday, April 16, 2007

Random Ramblings From the Last Week

I've been remiss in updating my blog. There is just a lot going on in my world.
1. I booked a cruise! It is a very last-minute thing as the cruise departs in less than three weeks.
2. On Saturday, we drove lawn tractors. We have no lawn but the weeds are quickly advancing on our position. Now is the time to draw them into battle.
3. We also took some time to look at a wooden playset for the backyard. We found a really good deal on a used one but we decided that we really needed to do the yard first.
4. I completed my first piece of art. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. We were in a gallery a couple of weeks ago and I saw some small paintings that I liked. They were a little out of my budget so I attempted to recreate them with Holly's art supplies. I must say it isn't half bad.

It wasn't really my first attempt at recreating artwork. Several years ago, Randy and I were in a small artsy-type store in Boulder. On one of the shelves sat a cat sculpture made completely of wire. I asked Randy if he thought I could make that. He replied "Why of course you could....it just wouldn't look like a cat."

Undeterred, I bought some stiff clothesline and crafted my very own wire cat. Randy was right, it didn't really look like a cat. On our next anniversary, Randy surprised me with the real wire cat from the store. Ain't he sweet?

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Veronica Burchard said...

Randy is very thoughtful. :) Can't wait to see a picture of your artwork!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home