Site Meter

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

GATORS WIN


This isn't exactly breaking news but I haven't posted in a while. I've been a little preoccupied. I am so proud of the "Gator boys" (as Joakim calls them). There will never, ever be another group of kids like these six young men (I'm including Chris Richard). Here are some random funny/great moments from the last three days.

*The CBS intro to the game: They had a collection of UF and OSU cheerleader and band members taunting each other. The OSU kids were putting down the Gator chomp while extolling the virtues of their O-H I-O cheer. One of the Gator guys responded "I am not all that impressed that college students can spell a four letter state."

*After a monster dunk, Al Horford looked directly into the camera and did a little shimmy as he backed away.

*In the second half, OSU had chipped away at the Gator lead to come within six points. You could just feel a shift in momentum. Then, Taurean Green hit a three point shot. I turned to my friend Ken and said "It's over!".

*In the postgame interview, Corey Brewer looked into the camera and said "I love you Daddy". Corey's father was unable to attend the game due to illness. Unlike the other "04's", Corey doesn't come from a lot a money. His father is a farmer who has had many complications from diabetes. Corey's decision to turn down the NBA last year postponed his ability to support his parents. I will always love this kid. I hope he goes high in the draft and rakes in the bucks!

*Steve Spurrier, who will always be a Gator, had the following comment after the game. "We've kind of turned Ohio State into Runner-up U., haven't we?" I love Urban Meyer but I really miss the Ol' Ball Coach's zingers.

*The FDOT recently installed this sign just outside of Gainesville. I think they are going to need a new sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home