Site Meter

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Jury Duty, Fresh and Fruity

I received a summons for jury duty. I don't really mind jury duty as it can be fascinating. The thing is I always seem to get called. I've probably had ten summons over the years while Randy has had none.

Another thing I want to know is how they found me. I noticed that it was mailed to my correct address. I've not changed my address for my driver's license, voter registration or income tax. I just haven't found the time to get all that stuff changed. So, I'm perplexed. Not that perplexing me takes all that much.

I was the foreperson on my last jury. It was a high profile municipal case that took all of two hours (where's the sarcasm emoticon?). A guy was fighting a traffic ticket for running a stop sign. His defense is that the sign was obscured by a tree. His evidence was a picture of the aforementioned stop sign taken from 100 yards away. Unfortunately for him, all of the jurors had driven that road and the stop sign is clearly visible once you get about 50 feet from it. Exciting stuff, eh?

It's been a slow week blog-wise.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Veronica Burchard said...

GL - Can you believe I have never been called for jury duty, not even once?? I would love to do it and hope they finally call me one of these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home