Site Meter

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On Top of Old Smokey

Pardon my rambling but I was inspired by my lunch to talk about Lit'l Smokies.

As you may have guessed, leftover Lit'l Smokies comprised my lunch today. Not the most nutritious fare but they were there staring me in the face this morning. They were left over from a small gathering of friends this weekend. I realized that the only way I'd ever seen them served was drenched in barbeque sauce in a crockpot. My next logical thought was "I wonder what else you could do with these little beauties?"

Wonder no more. There are countless recipes on the Internet. Here are two of my favorites right from the Hillshire Farms website.

Lit'l Smokies in a Blanket

Aren't these just the cutest things you've ever seen.

Lit'l Smokies Skewers

These look like way too much work.

I'm starting to understand why I've only ever seen them just dumped in sauce. Be sure to stay tuned for my fascinating diatribe on Vienna Sausages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home