Site Meter

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Out on the Town

For the last week or so, Holly has been bugging us to go see "Meet the Robinsons". Not wanting to brave the weekend crowds, we decided to go last night. I have to say that I absolutely loved the movie. The 3D effects were amazing. I would highly recommend the movie.

After the movie, we decided to try the mexican restaurant across from the theatre. The decor and the lighting were very cool. It seemed to have an upscale vibe so I wasn't sure how accommodating it would be for kids. No worries as the hostess had a kids menu and a toy in hand. The toy was a little cell phone. The phone was a game of some sort where you would attempt to shoot little rings onto spikes in the watery display. Holly wasn't all that interested in it but I played with it for a while.

It was a night for mishaps for us at the restaurant. This is not unusual for me. Randy swears I have some sort of bizarre karma in restaurants. He says that he never has problems when he is out with friends. I've come to accept this as my lot in life so we just take everything in stride and laugh about it.

Based on the recommendation of the server, I ordered the Carnitas (pork) Torta. Of course this meant I would be served some sort of chicken sandwich. The sandwich looked mighty tasty but I held out for my original order.

After we finished our meal, we lost our server. He was nonexistent for at least 20 minutes after we were done. I finally saw him over by the bar and gave him the "We need our check" look. After about a minute, the server hurriedly arrived at our table, placed a Margarita in front of Randy and started to leave. Randy blurted "This isn't ours" before he could get away. The server looked truly perplexed. Randy asked for our check. I think my "We need our check" look needs some work.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Veronica Burchard said...

I know some other people with that restaurant karma problem. Here's hoping your next outing goes better. Thanks for the MTR review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home