Site Meter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Such a Bad Blogger

At least I have an excuse....I've been on vacation. Well, first I had to plan the vacation. Then I had to implement the vacation. In addition to my full-time job, it was all I could handle.

The vacation was a huge success. Randy pretty much lets me have free reign on the itinerary. I did get some input from Holly. I gave her the choice of a week at Disney World or a 7-day cruise. She chose the big ship. She is absolutely addicted to cruising, something she gets from her mother.

As an added bonus, we started the trip with a day at Legoland and ended the trip with a day at Disneyland. I could start with a mundane travelogue but I think it's more fun to recall random moments.

Random Moment #1: "The Five" It still cracks me up that Californians refer to their Interstates as "The Insert Interstate Number Here". Upon our return to Denver, we took "The 70" to get home.

Random Moment #2: I love In N' Out Burgers. I really wish they had them in Denver.

Random Moment #3: I have a great idea for a t-shirt to sell in Mexico. In big bold letters, print "I DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING! PLEASE DON'T ASK". Of course, this will need to be in Spanish. As we sat in the safety of the roped off beach area in Cabo, we were asked by no less than 50 vendors if we wanted to buy ceramics, silver, blankets, wraps, shirts, and other assorted items. Randy dubbed it "The Cabo Shopping Network".

I'll have more Random Moments later.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Kelly said...

My Dad grew up in Southern California/Orange County back when some of the freeways weren't even constructed. Back then, they referred to them as the "Santa Ana" Freeway and the "Santa Monica" freeway long before they called them the "5" and the "10". He said as they built more freeways, it just got confusing!

What do you call them in Colorado?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home