Site Meter

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Monty Hall Would Be Proud


When I was a kid, I remember watching "Let's Make a Deal". It was fascinating to me to watch good old greed in action. People would trade in their $500 which had just been revealed in an envelope for the promise of riches lurking just behind the giant box of Rice-A-Roni. It was riveting to watch their dreams dashed when all their $500 had bought was a goat or a giant rocking chair.

The thing I never understood was the apparent excitement displayed by the contestants when their selected door revealed some mundane kitchen appliance. The audience would ooooh and aaaaaah at the sight of a harvest gold Amana range. At the time, I remember thinking I'd rather have the goat.

Times have changed. I'm all grown up and in the market for appliances. Good gosh...I'm actually excited about buying kitchen appliances. Tomorrow we will be taking advantage of Sears' one day appliance sale. I'm not "giddy with excitement" excited but it is something I'm looking forward to. The one thing I've sure of at this point...there will be no harvest gold appliances anywhere near my kitchen.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Veronica Burchard said...

I dunno, I think I'd rather have the goat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home