Site Meter

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Softballs Ain't So Soft

I play softball on Monday nights. If I do say so myself, I'm quite the fashion plate. Picture if you will, me in my "Colossal Carpet Care" t-shirt, paint-splattered Ocean Pacific shorts, soccer shin guards, right knee pad, Gator socks and dusty cleats. It's hard to believe I haven't been featured in Sports Illustrated's best dressed column. I'll post a picture at some point.

Last night, we had a couple of women subbing for some of our normal players. (BTW...this is a coed league.) As our game was about to begin, I ran to the bleachers to retrieve my water bottle. Sitting next to my bottle was an Alabama t-shirt. I went back to our dugout and inquired if anyone had left their Alabama shirt on the bleachers. One of the subs said it was hers. In a joking tone, I told her that as a Gator, I'm not allowed to touch a rival SEC t-shirt. I think she thought I was serious.

We won 17-9. It would have been 17-0 but to make it competitive, our team shifted a lot of our position players. The shortstop walked at least five people while he was pitching. I remained at my position of catcher. I would have tried the outfield but I would have looked silly standing out there in soccer shin guards and a knee pad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home